Garbage is collected weekly on Thursdays and Recycling is collected bi-weekly on Tuesdays and should be placed out by 7:00 am on collection day. All garbage must be bagged and placed in suitable container. Please remember that there is a limit or four bags per household, so any garbage that is not in suitable containers or over the limit, will not be picked up by the contractor.
Any items placed out after or left on your property after the scheduled date for pick up, will remain the responsiblity of the resident owner.
For more information related to residential garbage and recycling, please view the following waste management guide:
Residential Collection Schedule 2017 and Resident Guide to Wastemanagement
Bluffton Landfill User Guidelines
Garbage Collection Fees
Residential - $17.00 per month per household
Residential Garbage Pick-up
- As of April 1st, 2011, Cast-A-Waste Inc. will be the Contractor for residential garbage collection
- Weekly pick-up is on Thursdays.
- Household limit of four bags per week
- Garbage bag to weigh less than 22.5 kg per bag
- Bagged garbage must be contained in suitable containers with lids and handles.
Recycle Collection Fees
Residential - $3.00 per month per household
- Recycle pick-up program is bi-weekly on Tuesdays.
- Recycle material must CLEAN AND DRY and be placed in transparent plastic bags that can be purchased at local grocery or hardware stores.
- Recycle only the items that are listed below or will not be picked up by the contractor, as unwanted materials increase costs and can put the health of workers at risk.
Please do not recycle anything that isn’t listed below:
- newspaper, magazines, catalogues, white and computer paper, Christmas cards, non foil gift wrap, junk mail, paper bags, envelopes, paper egg cartons, paperback and books (remove hard cover), phone books.
- flattened corrugated boxes (no larger than 4' x 4' flattened and stacked under the bag), flattened cereal and food boxes (remove and discard liner), juice boxes (refundable), milk cartons (rinse with cold water and flatten, refundable), flattened shoe boxes and brown paper bags
Metals (no loose lids, trap inside can or discard, empty and clean)
- clean tin cans (soup, juice, etc.), Aluminum containers (pie plates), aluminum cans (beverage), empty non-hazardous aerosol cans.
Glass is garbage! Please do not put it in your recycling!
Rimbey Recycle Facility
Tuesdays and Saturdays
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
6200- 40 Street
The Recycle Facility is open Tuesdays and Saturdays weekly and the hours of operation 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The facility was created to divert potential recyclable waste materials from the landfill. Material that is separated from “contaminated’ debris and is considered clean will be accepted such as: wood waste (restrictions on treated or painted wood will apply), Landscape waste (tree limbs, Christmas trees, etc.), cardboard and tires. Residents are to take anything that is not recyclable to the Bluffton Landfill Site. All loads being hauled must be secured and loose material must be covered by a tarpaulin or other device.
A location map for the Bluffton Landfill is attached
Bluffton Landfill Site Map
Rural residents can use our recycle facility and are encouraged to drop-off their blue bag recyclables during regular operating hours as outlined at the bottom of the garbage collection schedule. Blue bag items must follow the items listed above (papers, cardboard, metals, glass). All items must be placed in transparent bags.