Garbage is collected weekly on Thursdays and Recycling is collected bi-weekly on Tuesdays and should be placed out by 7:00 am on collection day. All garbage must be bagged and placed in suitable container. Please remember that there is a limit or four bags per household, so any garbage that is not in suitable containers or over the limit, will not be picked up by the contractor.
Any items placed out after or left on your property after the scheduled date for pick up, will remain the responsiblity of the resident owner.
For more information related to residential garbage and recycling, please view the following waste management guide:
Residential Collection Schedule 2021 with Single Stream Recycle Items
Bluffton Landfill User Guidelines
Bluffton Landfill Site Map
GARBAGE COLLECTION FEES
(Residential - $17.68 per month per household)
Residential Garbage Pick-up
- As of April 1st, 2011, Cast-A-Waste Inc. will be the Contractor for residential garbage collection
- Weekly pick-up is on Thursdays.
- Please have garbage bin out by 7:00 am to ensure pickup
- Household limit of four bags per week
- Garbage bag to weigh less than 22.5 kg per bag
- Bagged garbage must be contained in suitable containers with lids and handles.
RECYCLE COLLECTION FEES
(Residential - $3.12 per month per household)
Residential Recycle is collected bi-weekly on Tuesdays
- All Rimbey residents can recycle through the Residential Recycle program.
- Place clean dry recyclables into clear bags. No sorting required! Use only see-through bags available at most grocery and hardware stores. If your items in your recycling bag are not clean, your recycling bag will not be picked up.
- Recycle bags must be out by 7:00 am on collection day, but not before 5:00 pm the evening before and place in a visible location for pick up.
- Keep your recycle bags separate from your garbage. Flattened boxes can be placed under your recycle bags.
- Each filled recycle bag must be lighter than 22.5 kg (50 lbs) and must only contain the materials that are listed or will not be picked up by contractor.
Plastic (clean & dry, discard caps / lids) Household bottles and containers (e.g. for vinegar, shampoo, fabric softener, detergent, pop/water, milk, yogurt or margarine, windshield washer, ice cream pails and vitamin bottles. Please put all plastic bags in one plastic bag.
Metals (empty & clean, discard lids or trap inside can, labels are okay), cans (food, beverage, soup), aluminum cans and trays (pie plates), empty non-hazardous aerosol cans.
Paper/cardboard Newsprint, inserts, flyers, writing and computer paper (not shredded), envelopes, paper egg cartons, paper bags, magazines, gift wrap (non metallic), greeting cards (non-metallic), phonebooks, cardboard boxes (flatten - do not tie bundles), cereal boxes, shoe boxes, tissue boxes, cracker boxes, cookie boxes (remove liners), milk cartons, juice boxes, paperback and books (remove hard cover).
NO STYROFOAM, GLASS, CLOTHING, TOYS,
APPLIANCES, KITCHEN PANS, CLOTHES HANGERS,
BATTERIES, PICTURE FRAMES AND TISSUE PAPER (KLEENEX)
(THESE ARE GARBAGE)
Some recyclable items are also refundable and can be taken to the Bottle Depot.
transfer station & RECYCLE FACILITY
TUESDAYS & SATURDAYS (9:00 am to 5:00 pm)
The Transfer Station & Recycle Facility is open Tuesdays and Saturdays weekly and the hours of operation 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The facility was created to divert potential recyclable waste materials from the landfill. Material that is separated from “contaminated’ debris and is considered clean will be accepted such as: wood waste (restrictions on treated or painted wood will apply), Landscape waste (tree limbs, Christmas trees, etc.), cardboard and tires. Residents are to take anything that is not recyclable to the Bluffton Landfill Site. All loads being hauled must be secured and loose material must be covered by a tarpaulin or other device.
Rural residents can use our recycle facility and are encouraged to drop-off their blue bag recyclables during regular operating hours as outlined at the bottom of the garbage collection schedule. Blue bag items must follow the items listed above (papers, cardboard, metals, glass). All items must be placed in transparent bags.
6200- 40 Street